Friday 26 September 2014

VIEW FROM THE TWENTY THIRD FLOOR // THIS IS CHINA

Rose Tinted Photography

I have been in Wuhan, China with my husband for just over five weeks and so far it's been really great. We have always wanted to know what it is like to live in an apartment building in the central city, not forever, but for a time in our lives. We have a one room studio apartment (with separate bathroom that has a western toilet). The space is perfect for a couple who do not need a lot of space. Check out the view from our balcony!

Living in China has so far been an amazing experience and we love the buzz of being in the city. Sure it can be noisy with the endless horns beeping and the constant construction sounds. But how great is it to leave your building and immediately be amongst it. We are close to many great places to eat out and it's so cheap that we often do. We are picking up on our Chinese enough to be able to order for ourselves. 

I must admit, I have not taken as many photo's as I should, but I promise I will post some before too long. Part of the reason is because it's a pain lugging a DSLR camera around when your main mode of transportation is your feet. I also feel there's a difference though between visiting a place and living in a place. When you're visiting, you only have the one opportunity to capture the sites that you see, but when you have made roots for the next couple of years, it seems unnecessary to record it all. In saying that, I do realize the importance of capturing memories in the form of a photograph, but only if it's not getting in the way of you seeing/experiencing it first hand.

No comments: