Thursday 10 July 2014

VENTURE TO THE BEACH // WINTER GETAWAY

Rose Tinted Photography & Design
Port Waikato Beach

My husband Louis & I just come back from a winter getaway with our good friends Nathan & Ashley. We initially started in Ruakaka, which is a beautiful beach side town up North on the East Coast of New Zealand. Nathan's family has a Bach there. We went away to spend quality time with our friends before we leave to China but also so I could take Nathan & Ashleys engagement photo's! (Watch this space).

We then ventured to Port Waikato where Louis' family friends own a cute Bach close to the sand dunes. These photos were taken at Port Waikato Beach with it's vast space and West Coast black sand. On our littl getaway we went on little adventures and had some indoor time with games and lots of cups of hot chocolate/tea. As avid Lord of the Rings fans, we watched a film each night (but we skipped the Fellowship and opted for the last two for the epic battle scenes). The weather was grey and windy/rainy most of the time. Not ideal engagement photo weather, mostly cause of the wind. But we managed to get a couple of photo shoots in which I'm looking forward to sharing with you!

This road trip reminded me of just how much I love NZ and how beautiful this country is! I feel blessed to live here. It was a great time with good friends, good tunes, good food and good times.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Maree I love these photos!! NZ is lucky to have someone capturing such lovely photos of her :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love your work. Can't wait to see the photos :)

Rose Tinted Illustration and Design said...

Thanks for the lovely comments! Danae this trip reminded me of the time a bunch of us girls went to Port Waikato and then got ice-creams at Pokeno! x