Wednesday 12 March 2014

ILLUSTRATIONS FOR MY MISSION 48 SPONSORS

All works by Rose Tinted Illustration

I've been overwhelmed by the generosity of friends and family that have sponsored me to do the Mission 48 famine. As promised, I have been working on the illustrations to send out to anyone who sponsored me more than $15. These are all original works and are a little way to use my talents to help a greater cause.

So far I have raised over $600.00 (NZD)! That is going to go a long way in planting Moringa trees in Cambodia & West Africa, helping Syrian refugees with their basic needs, contributing to a youth program in India and funding supplies for and occupational therapy clinic in Kasovo. The best part is I know that 100% of that money will be going to those causes!

I'm happy to say I made it successfully through the 48 hours of non-eating which trust me, wasn't easy. Especially when I had one of my dearest friend's dessert filled engagement party on the Saturday night! Torture I tell you! But soooooo worth it to know that a difference is being made. All because people decided to sacrifice their money to support me in my famine to make a world of difference.

On the Saturday morning half our group went out into Auckland City to hand out food to the homeless. This is something we do once a month, but it's harder when you know you can't eat. The other half of the group went to help a lovely lady who needed help with weeding out her garden. Simple acts that make such a difference because we gave our time, money and energy to help.

If you would still like to donate, it's not too late! Contact me through email at rosetintedillustration@gmail.com to find out how to sponsor me. I will send an illustration your way! x

No comments: