Saturday 22 February 2014

MY SISTER'S WEDDING // PART ONE

Rose Tinted Photography
Wedding dress: Handmade by our wonderful Mother
Bouquets by Maree of Rose Tinted

My sister Melody recently got married and she was such a beautiful bride. As tradition stands, our mother made the wedding dress in a simple & elegant style. My sister is certainly not a frills and embellishment kind of girl and so this suited her to a tee (which is in fact what she'd rather be wearing most days). It was made from a soft stretch fabric with a top layer of delicate patterned lace which draped beautifully. She wore blue crochet lace toms which were fun & also comfortable.

I helped with the styling (images to follow in another post) and I also arranged all the floral. The bride & her bridesmaids all carried a bouquet of babies breath (gypsophila) which is such a delicate bloom. It looked lovely with miniature stems tucked into her waterfall braid over her walnut tresses. 

I captured the above images in the morning during the bridal preparation which is my favourite time to take photographs. I love the excitement and the butterflies. I loved seeing Melody for the first time as a bride! I loved the cheerful/teary reactions by her four best friends. The smile on my mum's face, my dad looking proud. There's nothing like it. It's very intimate and the moments of the countdown are precious.

Stay tuned to see the official wedding photo's by my super talented friends Stephan & Nakita! Keep an eye on their website to see stunning images from the day, and to see the story as it unfolded! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS POST!

Rose Tinted Illustration and Design said...

THANKS MEGAN! I'm so glad you love it! x