Tuesday 3 September 2013

ROSE CROWN ILLUSTRATION // WITH ESTHER-FAITH PHOTOGRAPHY

Photograph by : Esther-Faith Photography
Illustrated by : Maree of Rose Tinted Illustration
Make- up : Celeste Strewe
Model : Emma Walsh

I just love working with amazing talent, and photographer Esther-Faith and her team are just that. I met Esther-Faith at the Change Art Show after being completely captivated by her piece. She is such a sweetheart! When I asked if she would let me illustrate her work, she even offered to send me a hi-resolution image to use as reference. This made a massive difference to my drawing as I was able to get much sharper and refined detail.

The model Emma Walsh is undeniably gorgeous with her beautiful dark wavy hair, and chocolate eyes. In her expression she manages to convey a look of softness and sweetness. This is exactly the kind of look I search for in a reference image. There needs to be an untold story behind the eyes, a depth of character, and an alluring sense of confidence with a note of vulnerability.

The make-up was my highlight in the drawing process and I loved Celeste's creative application of colour. Everything from the eye shadow on her lids, to the fuchsia pout and rosy cheeks was perfection. The palette was in complete harmony with the rose flower crown which Esther-Faith crafted specifically for this portrait.

I can't wait to see what the future has in stall for this talented lady! xo

No comments: